smartLEDs DELTA – Stair Motion Sensor
200cm DELTA smartLEDs sensors
- Digital diffuse optical sensor
- 2 modes of operation: distance and movement
- Narrow detection angle of 10 ° -15 °
- Range 30-200cm, adjustable in steps of about 10cm
- Output: NPN OC (active low)
- Active state duration: 0,5 sec.
- One-piece construction (receiver and transmitter in one housing)
- Signalling of range setting and object detection (in front of the sensor, under a removable cover)
- Easy electrical connection (3-pole terminal block)
- Small dimensions: width/height (diameter) 42mm, depth 25mm
- Shapes of cover: round, square
- Colors of cover: white, grey, brown, black
DELTA is a digital diffuse optical sensor which, due to its unique properties, can work as a high-quality stair sensor, in cooperation with smartLEDs LED lighting stair controllers. The sensor works by sending narrow beams of infrared invisible light and measuring reflected values returning to the sensor.
The basic operating mode of the sensor is the distance mode, which is used to detect objects within a fixed distance from the sensor. The sensor has an adjustable range of 30-200 cm, so it can be used both for typical stairs 100 cm wide, as well as for wide stairs and passages up to 230 cm. Thanks to the ability to set the range and narrow detection angle, the sensor does not react to people passing nearby the stairs, which is a great advantage compared to popular PIR sensors. Due to the one-piece structure (the receiver and transmitter are located in one housing), the sensor can be used for open stairs (openwork or built-up on one side only).
When switched to motion mode, the sensor works well in the case of closed stairs, with bright wall reflecting light at the opposite side. In motion mode, DELTA sensor detects a change in the signal reflected from the objects moving within set distance from the sensor. The sensor utilizes microprocessor signal processing algorithms ensuring increased immunity to interference, light fluctuations and changes in operating conditions.
Range adjustment, change of operating mode
Changing the sensor mode and range adjustment is carried out in a convenient way with the help of a small potentiometer located under the removable cover on the front of the sensor.
- Range setting indication: red LED
- Object detection indication: green LED
- Range adjustment – multiturn potentiometer
- Change of operating mode: multiturn potentiometer and red LED
Follow the user manual (see tab DOCUMENTATION).
Easy electrical mounting of the sensor
The outputs are located on the terminal block at the back of the sensor:
- +12V – power supply voltage (+8VDC – 24VDC)
- GND – power supply ground (0V)
- OUT – OC type digital output (NPN)
Mounting methods for sensors
The small dimensions of the sensor (diameter without cover 35mm, depth 25mm) allow discrete flush mounting.
- Discreet installation in stair railing poles in the 35mm diameter hole e.g. in a stair baluster
- Discreet flush mounting in smartLEDs mounting box
- Flush mounting in standard 60mm electrical boxes using the smartLEDs flush installation box adapter.
It is recommended to install sensors at a height of 80-100cm
smartLEDs mounting box
It is a flush mounting box.
It is recommended to fix the mounting box in the wall and then to put the sensor into it. Because the dimensions of the flush mounting box match those of the sensor, the sensor fits into it quite tightly and does not require additional fixing. The sensor cover covers the flush box at the front.
smartLEDs 60mm flush installation box adapter
The 60mm flush installation box adapter enables the aesthetic installation of a stair sensor in a Φ60mm standard installation box.
The adapter consists of two elements: the adapter socket (black element) and the adapter cover (color to choose). The adapter cover is made of ABS plastic, which can be painted.
To mount the sensor:
(1) Remove the sensor cover and insert the sensor (without sensor cover) into the adapter socket,
(2) Screw the adapter socket into the 60mm flush installation box
(3) Latch the adapter cover on the adapter socket. (To remove the adapter cover, lift it slightly at the top.)